Re: [LUG] A bit OT - Networking/Security

On Monday 29 July 2002 22:17, you wrote:

SOPHOS is included in the quote that BT gave us - at quite a frightening
cost per year! Well - to me at least. It also had quite poor marks in
Computer Shopper this month, for being 'extremely limited and expensive'

It is a central charge here, which I gatehr is economic with SOPHOS.  I don't
know the price though.

"extremely limited"?  As far as I can see it only does virus detection,
cleaning, notification of viruses found, automatic scheduling, download of
new signatures from the 'Net, integration into other programs via their API,
and some central management software so you can see which machines are not
updated, if you don't like the exercise of walking round.

What did Computer Shopper want added?  Word processing, GPS, a mode for
Python programming, spell checking for viruses?

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/