Re: [LUG] Why I hate Linux ...

On 26-Jul-2002 at 18:39:49 Alex Charrett wrote:
Any decent Windows install routine will add an entry to the Start menu.
OO doesn't ... so that means manually configuring the menu.
</prob2>

One of the reasons for this in my experience is the number of desktop
environments/window managers available.  Getting an installer to be able
to cope with them all would be a pain.  Interestingly however, Star
Office 6 does add an icon for itself to the CDE bar when installed under
Solaris.

Likewise under redhat (at least 7.0 onwards) with kde you get an icon/start
menu thing for star office (5.2a I think). I've had no problems with this bit
of it.

John.