Re: [LUG] Why I hate Linux ...

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

On Friday 26 July 2002 7:27 pm, Mike Callaghan wrote:
I've just got OpenOffice 1.0 (OO) from Linux Emporium, along with
Mandrake 8.2 (yes, I've seen all the posts about Debian etc but lets not
start a distro war).

funnily eough, i use the debian package for OO, and I had none of these
problems ;)

A Debian installer (not the GNU Chess one from what I recall)
did a cool job on GNU Chess, but since it is GPLed we nicked it
all and merged it back in to the main distribution so everyone
packaging for other distros can benefit.

So Debian might not always be better ;)

Alex is write, the OpenOffice install instructions tell you how
to do a multiuser install. The most frustrating thing in Linux
is you still have to read the manual, or the info page, or the
HOWTO.....