Re: [LUG] RedHat to Debian

I'll take up thet bet too....

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 14:38, Simon Waters wrote:
Steve Marvell wrote:

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:04:39AM +0100, Neil Stone wrote:

is it possible, without data loss and a major headache, to upgrade from
a redhat system to a debian system ?

Personally, I'd go for a complete reinstall after backing up /etc,
/home and /otherstuff.

I bet real money you've not got much more than squid, apache, a
printer, exim, some security arrangement and your home directory to
worry about.

If I upgrade will you offer the same bet ;)

Agreed easiest way to avoid data loss is back it all up.
Headache depends how clever your set up has got. Mind getting my
tape drive to work was a pain, till I upgraded the kernel, which
made backup kind of difficult.