Re: [LUG] How far can you stretch a 486DX2/50 ?

Nearly as far as my DX66 !! (got 64MB ram tho !!)

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 14:27, Brough, Tom wrote:
Hi all,

Firstly many thanks to Paul Sutton for providing the Hardware which allows
me to formulate these questions.

I have a "request for comments" on my latest refurbishment project the main
questions are :-

Given a 486DX2/50 laptop with (potentially) 24Mb Ram and a decent HDD
upgrade which X manager(s) would you install ?
And would KDE/Koffice be a sensible / stable / responsive option?

Oh by the way the screen is only 640x480 and thats final ! :-(

Your comments please

P.S. has anybody got an external floppy drive for a Panasonic CF-41 laptop
lying around unused ? (Sorry I had to ask)

Tom.
(who is currently in retro equipment scrounging mode)

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council