Re: [LUG] big list of cool software?

Adrian Midgley wrote:
On Friday 19 July 2002 12:30, you wrote:

I have a particular chap in mind who is not a programmer, but
generates his site from a business database and a VB program. He
creates static pages using his VB proggy.

I'm trying to get into his mind to find an alternative.

DB generated web sites are not an alternative to him.

tcl, or Python.

Or ... take Blufish or Quanta+ apart, to get the HTML generating bits, and build them into a controlled application run from Python.
Too hard for me though, assuming the automation isn't already in there.

agreed with bluefish.

he should not use MS products to generate web pages - they are not always compliant. he should read up on XHTML and CSS - and use nick's site at www.webthing.com to make sure hie site can be read by all/most browsers,

my2p,

kev

(Come to think of it, KDE has automation for some applications - does it have it for kwrite?)