[LUG] onsite installations

Good morning esteemed linux users, I have a "choice of distro"
question.

I'm installing a linux box on a site that will not be using dialout
regularly, so can effectively be assumed to be "not on the internet"
unless it really has to be.

Though I like Debian the best, it does rather require you to keep up
with the upgrades.

My questions is ... what distro can I give them that comes with the
normal suite of thing (apache, perl 5.6, postgres, etc) and I can bung
on for them?

I've used and liked Suse before and I've used and hated RedHat.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve