Re: [LUG] Netmeeting (horrible M$ software)

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 06:24:11PM +0100, Darren Ward wrote:
Is this netmeeting using linux or windows, i have been looking for a voice
over ip for linux, sick of rebooting into windows to use yahoo messenger

There are. Speak Freely speaks to mind. It does work WELL actually, but
it is a problematic. I have had some problem using it with my girlfriend
at times, while Yahoo IM admittedly works great with a webcam too. My
tip is just to use the phone with an good cheap overseas operator! ;)

They all (generally) use a common standard called H323.
http://www.linuxtelephony.org/

-Kai