Re: [LUG] off topic open source question

On Friday 05 July 2002 21:32, you wrote:

On the same tack has the GPL and it's fellows ever been tested in an
English or Scots court?
I do not believe so, with some reliability but without having made a real
search for it.

The GPL is involved in one US case, urrently going on, and apart from that
FSF report all infrongements have been resolved by pointing out the error of
their ways to firms.

Is it valid under our legal system or do all the technical words need
"translating"?

There is such a project going on in .eu

My interest is in producing a suitable kit for NHS orgs to ensure that
software they commission beocmes Open Sourced.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/