Re: Pushy sales people (was Re: [LUG] Eurpoean Computer Driving Licence and Non-MS Operating Systems)

Simon Waters wrote:
Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

Me: I don't have a credit card.

Sales person: Ohh, may i ask why, sir?

Me: Sure - i'm 17.

*CLICK*.

yet another pushy person sales person sorted out ;)

sadly, that method doesn't work anymore :p

Why not - on the phone no one knows you are over 18.

pushy saleswoman called today to sell me double glazing, although my whole
house is double glazed.  how do you get rid of them?! (no phone sales people
in greece!)

we've programmed systems for call centres so i have an idea how these things work.

if you want to get rid of the call just say 'not interested, click the not interested button'. they will be happy to quickly resolve the call.

to be more permanent you can say that if they call again you will get BT onto them - that should put you on a Do Not Call list - this will (hopefully) stop them calling you with other produsts.

either way - the call has to be resolved or the automatic dialler will just keep trying to get hold of you - so they will not stop until they have got a sale or a 'not interested',

HTH,

kev

Q. "Are you the householder?" A. "no"
Q. "Would you be interested in double glazing?" A. "Would you
like to join the church of Jesus Christ and later day saints?"
Q. ANYTHING A. "Is that George?" Response: ANYTHING A. "George
is that you?".

They are calling you, and thus presumably consent to whatever
phone manner you care to adopt, they can after all hang up on
you. They can hardly complain, they are after all getting paid
to listen to your creativity. Otherwise hang up, phone companies
charge per connection, so it'll eat their profits.

Sadly nothing guarantees getting rid of really pushy sales
people. I had one guy call here about 7 times in one day - you'd
have thought he'd get the hint the third time when I called him
a prat, and hung up, clearly someone who likes abuse, after the
fourth time we just let it go to the answer phone.

The telephone preference service helps.

The remaining irritation is we have councillor Glanville's old
number, and still get one or two calls a week, despite the fact
we've had the number for over 3 years. Hopefully if I out live
Councillor Glanville I can do a tearful, "Councillor Glanville's
dead, don't you read the papers", then again I guess I could do
that anyway ;)