Re: [LUG] Apache directory cgi mapping

--- Steve Marvell <steve@xxxxxxxx> wrote: > Sorry,
lost the original thread:

] How do I make /something a particular directory?

Alias /pants/ /home/steve/pants/

] How do I make /pants/dyno/username work?

ScriptAlias /pants/dyno
/home/steve/pants/dyno/dyno.cgi

You don't actually have to put it under there, you
can put it
anywhere.

You might find you want to put the directives in
this order:

ScriptAlias /pants/dyno
/home/steve/pants/dyno/dyno.cgi
Alias /pants/ /home/steve/pants/

The env var PATH_INFO will give you what you need.

http://localhost/pants/dyno/eek
PATH_INFO=/eek

So there is your username.

So, it's perl DBI to get it out of MySQL and some
pattern matching to
get it out of $ENV{PATH_INFO}.

The rest is history, or possibly consultancy.

Steve Marvell
(available for stuff)

Just the ticket thanks!!!

and about that hacking thing, I will let those who are
interested in a couple of months time (there may even
be a pri$e!!).