From: "O'Hanlon Pam" <pohanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Kai Hendry'" <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cornwall County Council Website

Dear sir/madam,
There were a number of reasons for choosing our current product, for example,
there was an evaluation process and our site managers preferred it,
compatibility with other software used by the Council & training costs.
In 2005 when the Freedom of Information Act is implemented the public will have
more access to Council documents.
The decision on a future web content management product will be taken by the IT
Board of the Council.
User Metrics (bit10) undertook the usability survey.
The Government Webguidelines are available on www.govtalk.gov.uk The guidelines
are being continually updated, and the Council is developing a plan to comply
with them.
The Council generally only enters into communication with suppliers when there
is an active project. There is no current project to evaluate a change to
different operating system.
Regards
Pam O'Hanlon