Re: [LUG] [pohanlon@cornwall.gov.uk: Cornwall County Council Website]

Kai Hendry wrote:

How do I say to this guy that they really consult the experts(us), instead of a Frontpage user.

It is hopeless, truly hopeless.

You could get a petition of every resident of Cornwall and they still would not listen.

Their procedures will be tightly tied up in a Gordian knot of administrative procedures established during the 1950s.

Their idea of `standards' will be `something that adheres to no accepted standard whatsoever' [.doc for document exchange, for example].

If anyone went for an interview with them and said something about cleaning up the site, making it at least half-way valid or, God forbid, accessible to all they would receive a polite letter four months later explaining how competition for the position was strong and they have, regrettably, appointed someone with more experience. Experience, that is, of being the nephew of the department director.

They will never understand, they will never care, they will never do it properly so they will do it over and over and over, endlessly adding more stupid extensions. Give them six months and the home page will have Flash - I'll put a tenner on it now.

MB