Re: [LUG] Home Networks

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 09:35:45PM +0100, Paul Weaver wrote:

You can set a 3-5 user 100mbit network for about ?50 + ?15 per user, or a 2
user 100mbit for about ?30

However it depends how far your beer garden is. Put a directinal antenna on
your roof and you might make 500 yards with a normal wireless laptop card :)

http://www.dabs.com/value/value.asp?s=378

I am thinking of investing in a PCI and PCMCIA 802.11b NIC for my
parents farm. I think that is the way things going. I wonder if I we
make the papers for being the first holiday cottage / b&b with wireless
internet access !

It is about 60 quid a NIC but is so hassle free ain't it? No hubs and no
cables.

-Kai