[LUG] moving home

Right, I have now configured my sister's thinkpad 600 with Debian.

It went quite smoothly from debian pre-release of woody. Well, after a
copied a Xfree config from the net. And a gpm config. Ok, I admit I
still have not the sound going. But I still do not know how the hell
ALSA works under SID. Makes no sense to me.

Now I want to check my email locally, as it is not nice to check email
through ssh or ssl on a 56k modem. So I copied across my .fetchmailrc,
.procmailrc and .muttrc including the addressbook. Takes a little time
to setup nicely I admit. Create Mail folders etc. Now I hate how now I
have a sent folder for June on two different machines. But I can merge
them with a cat command if I remember at a later stage. Maybe I can
figure out a sync script? Anyone done this to make life easier to switch
about machines?

Ok, now the next problem now is it ok to copy the .gpg folder across to
the laptop for me to start using gpg or is that wrong thing to do? I
tried to find some info about exporting/importing a private key but I
could not find anything.

Regards,
-Kai Hendry

p.s. when is the next meeting? I am bored bored bored.