Re: [LUG] XMMS and Audio CDs

Alex Charrett wrote:

This may be me being somewhat dense but has anyone worked out how to
make XMMS play audio CDs?  There's an audio CD input plugin for it but I
cant see how to trigger it.

Alex.

No, it certainly isn't you being dense :-)
It isn't very obvious at all.... I just figured it out for myself.
Here's the relevent part from the FAQ:

3.6.1.1 Cd Audio Player -----------------------

In the device tab you should set Device to your cdrom unit. /dev/cdrom
is generally a good choice on Linux systems. Set 'Directory' to where a
directory which will be used by XMMS to present the available cd tracks in.
Using the normal mount point for the cdrom is recommended unless the
cdrom is automounted if it contains a data track.

 Example:
 --------
    Device: /dev/cdrom (which on my system is symlinked to /dev/hdc)
 Directory: /mnt/cdrom

Now to add your CDROM tracks to the playlist. Insert an audio cd into the
CDROM drive and press the Eject button in XMMS. Go to the directory which you defined
earlier ( /mnt/cdrom ) and you should see a list of tracks. They will be named
Track XX.cda, select the tracks you want to play and press OK. If you had
choosed an Internet database and the CD exists in it, XMMS will now display
the tracks you have chosen with their names according to the 'Name format'
configuration.

David.

--
A computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.