Re: [LUG] Please Ignore

David Johnson wrote:

Spam has risen consideribly recently, with Demon wisely making their
mail servers open relay when "fixing" a fault. It took them a week to
even admit to it :-(

Given Demon's routing was totally stuffed all weekend this
probably didn't let as much spam through as you might expect :(

They got it fixed jut in time for LINX to give them route flap
for two hours - surely people have some sort of route damping by
now!?!

From what I saw reported one of their mail servers was an open
relay for a very specific type of addressing, given the
sophistication of the average spammer, any spam you saw from the
machine was probably relayed as intended from a customer setting
up a two stage open relay <doh>.

Demon's outgoing mail service has apparently been totally
stuffed for ages, fortunately I just send direct.

Simon