Re: [LUG] Open Source Day - sxi perl notes

On Saturday 15 June 2002 05:02, you wrote:
I've yet to learn anything about XML and I have also never come across an
sxi file b4 (the file I downloaded was called "presentation.sxi.zip") - is
it an archieve type thang?

I'm also trying to look at the info in windows which I'm assuming I can do?
(sxi could be a linux specific file???)

Any pointers would be very well received - Thanks a lot have a great
weekend

I really don't know anything about XML, although I would certainly like to
learn more if anyone can suggest any sites that could introduce me to the
concept.

All I know is that the whole idea is that it is cross-platform, and should,
theoretically, allow any application to 'understand' any form of data fed to
it by another application.  Meaning IE should be able to render StarOffice
documents (in theory).

All I can suggest is going online whilst viewing them; I'm guessing from the
output that it needs to load the stylesheet (or DTD, or whatever they're
called) from the 'Net?

I'll go now, before I show up my lack of knowledge *too* badly ;-)

Jon