Re: [LUG] NHS 5bn Outsourcing deal

On Friday 14 June 2002  8:34 am, you wrote:

Are there anybody already lobbying for a oss open standard
implementation ?

Yes.

www.oshca.org
http://www.defoam.net/open/
http://www.schin.ncl.ac.uk/GPUK/UKMed3/open.htm
http://www.fsfeurope.org/

Minoru Consulting based in Paris and Canada is a firm that has done some work
in this area, as have others who support OSHCA.

There is an IMIA (International Medical Internet Association) Working Group
being established to carry forward some work.  I can't give any details yet.

The Primary Care Special Interest Group of the BCS has some activity on it.

I'm on advisory boards of two open source health systems, one is SQLClinics
which is running in New York, the other is further from operation but has
some importance and promise.

The US federal gov Veteran's Administration and the Hardhats
(www.hardhats.org) are a good demonstration of what can be done - an obvious
suggestion is that we might try out some of VISTA and GT.M in the UK.  Even
VISTA on Cache would be a reasonable project and we have plenty of M
expertise aorund here.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/