Re: [LUG] german govt drops MS for linux

On Wednesday 12 June 2002  5:25 pm, you wrote:
Great news,  We should get them to include open source in the ECDL
curriculum,

The curriculum is OS agnostic already.

The actual requirement, which is hardr to set up than one might hope, is for
a company willing to make money out of training people to use office software
on Linux, and then test them on it.

Getting one to have two sets of software and OS is one way, setting up one to
do just that is another, but at present any busienss with shareholders would
still find it hard to justify.

However, yesterday I stood up in front of a group of very senior Pharma
comapny IT execs to speak about doctors' requirements, enhancing shareholder
value for the dot com I'm European medical director for, and was using Star
Office on Linux for my presentation...

There is scope.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley