Re: [LUG] german govt drops MS for linux

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 10:33, you wrote:
... so reports the BCS.

Yeah, I saw that on the BBC News site a little while back.  I think IBM can
only be applauded for pushing open-source software at the 'top end', even if
I am sure they have solid business reasons for doing so!  What is even better
is when they do some serious development on linux for major applications and
then release it back to the open-source community.  I think its use by large
companies and government organisations will not only improve the platform
technologically but give it the much-needed respectability that will bring it
into the smaller enterprises.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_2023000/2023127.stm

Jon