Re: [LUG] Linux reviews

DID anyone see the review of Linux in the FT weekend magazine (13/4/02)?? Here's the strapline:

"Saying the unsayable... Sorry, geeks, but there's nothing revolutionary about Linux. The reason it's free is because it's not worth paying for"

It goes on, culminating in:
" Far from bringing openness and co-operation to the world of IT, Linux enthusiasts want to keep it as closed as possible, while collecting lavish praise from half-baked anti-capitalists so they can feel important. After-all, if these geeks could write real software, they'd be working for a proper company. Like Microsoft"

Words fail me. It's not too long ago that we re-wrote some OS software - the original writer (a MAJOR US company) gave us the source code to re-write it.

And I re-created some other software (for HP-UX) because the stuff I was using was c**p, I proudly gave it away free, knowing that my creation is better than the manufacturers' offering.

S.

Lynx friendly