Re: [LUG] ADSL Modems

Mark Stephens wrote:

Does anybody have experience with installing an ADSL modem on
to RH 7.2 ?  I need to buy a ADSL modem and would be grateful
for any recommendations of makes that are supported under RH.

Not personally but uk.comp.os.linux is a good source of info on
this. See deja.com.

Last I heard there were issues with some of the USB drivers,
consider also ADSL routers.

The official Alcatel drivers appear fussy about
what kernel version you use. Possibly because
bits are precompiled.

The Benoit drivers should work fine if you
follow the instructions.