[LUG] Latest from Eurobell on Broadband

Here is Eurobells reply to my latest letter for information about the state
of play.
Notice that the firsat announcement was last december !

Dear Ray
Thank you for your e-mail.
We recently announced in our December 20/20 magazine, which went to direct
service customers, that we are working on the launch of broadband services
and other Telewest Broadband services.

The first phase of this was the introduction of Talk Unlimited.

The next exciting development is the delivery of Broadband services, which
is an extremely complicated undertaking which has meant huge investment in
upgrading our network and equipment ready to begin the programme of roll
out. It is now our intention and commitment to begin the roll out of
broadband services and products during 2002, with some areas being able to
convert to Broadband TV services from this summer. The present plans will be
for this to initially take in areas around our South West franchise.

We are also working on the delivery plans for South East areas, but at this
stage it is unlikely this will happen during 2002. I must stress this is
only the latest situation as I understand it and as with all such strategies
could change as we move further into 2002.

Included within this will be the introduction of an unmetered Internet
service by adopting the Telewest Broadband Surf Unlimited service. Whilst
this is not the High Speed Internet Service some of our customers are
waiting for it is a vitally important step in maintaining our position as an
ISP and meets the vast majority of requests for this type of service.

Eurobell/Telewest is very appreciative of the patience our customers have
shown and now more than ever we have the commitment and support of one of
the leading Broadband service providers, Telewest Broadband, to help us
bring these exciting new services to our customers. Thank you for remaining
a valued Eurobell /Telewest customer and we look forward to bringing you the
Broadband services you have been waiting for.

If you require further help or technical assistance, please visit
<http://support.eurobell.net> or call on either number listed below.
Regards
Tony Kempster
Technical Advisor
Eurobell Telewest Internet
Tel: 01293 405700 / 01392 669966
Fax: 01293 405740
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.eurobell.com>
Eurobell (Holdings) PLC, Registered in England No 02904215
Registered Office: Eurobell House, Churchill Court, Manor Royal, Crawley,
West Sussex, RH10 9EB
Tel (National): 01293 400444, Tel: (International) +44 1293 400444
Eurobell is part of Telewest Communications plc
relationship between Eurobell (Holdings) PLC, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("Eurobell") and you.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore Eurobell does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Any view or opinions expressed are those of the author.
The message is intended for the addressee only and its contents and any
attached files are strictly confidential. If you have received this message
in error, please telephone the number above.