[LUG] Wendy happy

Hi John
       Wendy has her new HD and RAM fitted and Linux installed
       on her machine.
       We had to get into the BIOS to alter a few things but the
       previous user had password protected it and we had no idea
       what the password was. Usually there is a jumper which clears
       the BIOS allowing us to start with the factory set defaults. But
       not on Wendy's machine so we had to remove the Lithium
       battery and leave the machine overnight to let the old settings
       slide peacefully into the void.
       After replacing the battery with a new one (to be on the safe
       side) and refitting a IDE cable I had put in the wrong way round
       everything is working OK. This is not the way to do it unless
       you know what you are doing but in this case it was the only
       way.
       I still think a bit of fiddling with the BIOS setting will improve
       matters so when Wendy is not using the machine I'll do a
       bit of tweaking. And I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap
       133MHz CPU.

       Wendy is very upset about the result of the Austrian GP. She
       so wanted Rubens to win. I'm not too worried because the
       teams have always desired the the best results both in the
       constructors and the drivers championship. I remember the
       old days when if the better driver's car broke down during
       the race he automatically took over the other driver's car.
       Fangio and Moss were always doing it. In those days this
       sort of thing was all part of the sport.  But I suppose these
       days PR is an important factor. I think it was a bit thick of
       Ron Denis to criticise Ferrari after the Hakkinen Coulthard
       incident last year. But he's probably just trying a bit of
       gamesmanship. Anyway Monaco this weekend!!

       We hope you are both over the flu and back to your normal
       selves. Wendy and I seem to have avoided the normal
       summer colds we usually have at this time of the year but I
       must say that sometimes I begin to feel the onset of old age.

       I'm expecting Dad's Pears Cyclopaedia to arrive anyday now
       and hopefully it'll come before the weekend so that I can give
       Dad his belated birthday present.

       Well nothing else to say so I'll send love to you both and hear
       from you soon.

Keith
--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on AMD Duron 700MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
Course laid in Captain