RE: [LUG] graphics cards

Paul Wrote:

What graphics cards in the GEforce range are the group using as I am
planning to upgrade my banshee eventually,  as It keeps giving me lines
on
the screen only during boot up though,  it does not seem to affect X or
Windows at all.

I know from the lug meet that these are compatable with X.  Regarding
the
meet in exeter I may not be able to attend due to lack of cash,  but
good
luck

Hi Paul,

I use a Geforce 3 ti200 (Abit Siluro) with latest SUSE/Nvidia kernel and
GLX at home
And GF2 MX (PNY Verto) same drivers at work.

GF 3 Gives me a average Frame Rate of 85fps @1024x768 32bit in OpenGL
renderer on Linux Unreal Tournamnent, most acceptable and more than a
match for DirectX8.*

Regards,

Lee

PS DO NOT BUY A GF4 MX! They stink !