RE: [LUG] Installation problem Suse 7.1

Lee Quick.

-----Original Message-----
ThomasTT37@xxxxxxx
wrote:

I am trying to install this programme without success,onto my 10GB Hard
Disc
which already has Windows 98se installed ..Using the Yast2 Suse
installation
tool..I am advised that there are file errors in the Primary Partition (
only have a primary) and that I should find another method to shrink
Windows!! This must be a common problem as it appears that despite a
number
of dfrags,some windows files are being left at the end of the hard disc
and
defrag wont move them to the start.consequently there isnt enough room
install Suse( is this a Bill Gates ploy!!).Can someone please advise a
simple
way out of this..as I am not confident enough to start moving the
Partition
with one of the partition Manager programmes( IE Partition Magic or
similar)
If all else fails I am prepared to do a complete scandisk in Dos and cut

windows down to size as it were. Cheers Michael Hirons

If you want I could post you a copy of partition magic pro which works
in M$ and does a fairly good job of partitioning, alternatively I have a
full boxed Suse 7.3 or 8.0 which I would gladly copy for you and has a
much improved partition system?

All the best,

Lee