Re: [LUG] Installation problem Suse 7.1

Am I reading this right in thinking that you have no un-partitioned space
available you your disk? (ie your windows partition uses up the entire
drive)

Alex.

On Tue, 14 May 2002 ThomasTT37@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am trying to install this programme without success,onto my 10GB Hard Disc
which already has Windows 98se installed ..Using the Yast2 Suse installation
tool..I am advised that there are file errors in the Primary Partition ( I
only have a primary) and that I should find another method to shrink
Windows!! This must be a common problem as it appears that despite a number
of dfrags,some windows files are being left at the end of the hard disc and
defrag wont move them to the start.consequently there isnt enough room to
install Suse( is this a Bill Gates ploy!!).Can someone please advise a simple
way out of this..as I am not confident enough to start moving the Partition
with one of the partition Manager programmes( IE Partition Magic or similar)
If all else fails I am prepared to do a complete scandisk in Dos and cut
windows down to size as it were. Cheers Michael Hirons