Was RE: [LUG] motherboard recommendation - now Ian's pointless drivel.

Would this be the shop that used to be in the Armarda centre
? which is now in the car park near the armarda centre ??

That be the shop I shopped from once... Never again!

I wanted a small case and PSU, so I went in, and asked them.
She said she didn?t have any, but then remembered that a broken computer
had been brought in, and on it was a sticker saying 'powers up but
nothing happens'... Or something to that effect.

So, she said I could rip out the mobo and HDD and all that, and have the
case for £20. Bargain eh?

Well, I happily remove my letherman wave (every geek should have one -
www.thinkgeek - cheapest place I know of), and strip down the case.  I
happily take the case home, and put my mobo, memory, cpu and hdd in it,
press the power button and....

*pffff* smoke!
Impressive, looks like the power regulator on the mobo, which 30 minutes
before had been working fine, had gone up in smoke.  The shop sold me a
faulty PSU.

And yes, I'm still sulking.

That being said, I have had 2 other successful shopping trips to the
shop, and the prices are usually good, but, shop with caution!