RE: [LUG] Internet Connection....

I have recently re-installed RH 7.2, I am unable
to get the blinking thing to connect to the
outbound DNS to resolve IP's etc. I can ping
127.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.7, also (when up) the PPP
adapter replies. but I even try to ping my ISP's
DNS and no replies, I know there are packets trying
to get out because the modem lights flash at me,
but nothing coming inbound...

Neil,

I dunno how much help I can be here, but I'll try.
First thing I would do is see if there is anything in IPTables/Chains
that might be stopping packets coming back in (or even out).
Next, see if you can ping the remote modem on the other side of the PPP
link, I'm quite sure that ifconfig will give you the IP of the remote
modem, but it's been about 12 months since I touched linux dialups...

HTH,