Re: [LUG] Something for your computers idle time

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 09:07, you wrote:

Some of them have Linux clients, just
have to dig around the site a bit to find them.

Has anyone pulled together the locations and names of the distributed
projects with Linux clients onto a single web page that would raise the
profile and be a convenience and contribution overall?
He says in the hope that someone might do a job that otherwise he should do
himself...

Here's a poem to make up for it

By Simon Pride:
"A song for a dead NT server
(with apologies to W. H Auden)

NET STOP all the services, cut off the ISDN line
Prevent the Messenger service from wasting my time,
Silence the soundcard and with a stifled groan
Bring out the boot disks and the CD-ROM.

Let Post-Its (and emails from whatever's left)
Tell the users "Delay - the Server's Dead"
Hang a note on the machine room door
Saying "BEAR WITH US DURING THIS 8-TAPE RESTORE"

It was my PDC, my DHCP, my IIS and WINS
My file and print server and my DNS
My router, my bridge, Exchange Server, my strong
Firewall; I thought one disk would last forever: I was wrong.

The hubs are not wanted now; switch off every one
Pack up the cables and dismantle the WAN
Start the reinstall, then hunt for the blood
Of consultants who say that NT is good."

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/