Re: [LUG] SMB Client download

Paul,

I'm not sure what you mean here.
If you are talking about connecting a Win98 box to a SAMBA share then
you already have that capability in the Win98 software.
If you want to mount SMB shares on your Linux box then I think smbfs is what you
want. I think this is supported as standard in the kernel, if you need any supporting
software then I would check out the Samba Home page.
http://samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/samba.html
This is probably the best starting point for anything related to Samba.

Hope I haven't totally missed the point.

Pete.

paul Sutton said:

      Anyone know of a good place to download the SMB client, it's for my laptop
computer (running Win98SE),   As I am about to go 100% Linux on the desktop  once I
have Suse 8,  I figure it's easier than if I am going to do a  reinstall it may as
well be with the latest version of Suse,  as this saves  breaking stuff during
upgrades etc.  Not that I am anticipating any problems  I also intend to use the
entire hdd so will need to resize the partitions  anyway.

      Paul