[LUG] re vmware & samba

Selected all that and used same id and login as suggested for the network.
it says to give a name that is recognized on the network.

Now is this for the windows network. When I browse and try to browse the
host I'm asked for a password. I give the password and it says unrecognized.

I have either set up the host network wrong, the automatic vmware samba
congif wrong or the network on the guest machine wrong.

I don't know what to do about ip details of the windows side or should this
be taken care of ?

When vmware starts it show the host hetwork adaptor as running & active but
I can't connect to it.

Ray

IIRC, doesn't VMWare have an option to automatically setup a Samba
server when you run "vmware-config.pl" ?
I'm pretty sure that it does, I think it calls it "Allowing the guest OS
to access to host filesystem" or something like that.

David.