Re: [LUG] Apache: only serve documents a day or more old?

Adrian Midgley wrote:

Why doesn't MS fix it?

Good question, although I think sophisticated active content is
part of their Exchange / E-mail strategy. The idea was you could
replace Lotus Notes with Exchange <sic>, by sending smart e-mail
messages and e-mail aware applications. A small industry
surrounds this area.

The mailers use the same HTML rendering code as Internet
Explorer, which is the break they would have to make.

To give them their due, they have fixed all the problems I am
aware of that were major security issues, but most people
haven't upgraded/patched.

The whole architecture was built with security as an after
thought (Probably why all the security zone stuff was broken
early on). To fix it Microsoft would probably have to rewrite
key components from scratch in a non-backwardly compatible way.

Microsoft switching track like that would destroy any
credibility remaining.

The real question is why are businesses/government still using
it? Still buying it! Good free and gratis alternatives exist,
with similar levels of ease of use, and some are even cross
platform, where as very few people actually use the features for
their intended business benefit.

Why the hell was the Pentagon using it?!? Do the CIA still use
Notes?