[LUG] C array question

I apologise if I posted this question before but i've been
having some problems with sendmail of late.

I need to fill large arrays with blocks of numbers, I am
porting a FORTRAN program !! and FORTRAN deals with this
task as such:

DATA VAR/30*1,7*-1,14*1,1,-1,0,15*1......../

This fills the first 30 'cells' with 1 then the next 7 with
-1, the next 14 with 1 etc etc

is there a similar notation in C that will fill a ceartain
number of 'cells' with a predefined value ?? If there is
that would be great as the only other way I can see of
doing it is with loops and I would prefer to avoid that if
possible !!!!

cheers