RE:[LUG] Can't stop printing

Hi Lee
       Thanks. I'm not using CUPs but I take your point about resolution.
       One of my printers is an old Epson compatible 9pin impact brought
       back to life in order to print listings. It's manual has gone the way
       of all manuals but I recollect that the res was 240x216.
       Perhaps my memory is at fault so I'll try a more common res.

       Deleting the lock file from /var/spool/lpd/printer and running a print
       job produces a new lock file with permissions root root -rwr--r--.
       As I have a lp group the permissions should be root lp -rwrw-r--
       (I think) so perhaps I have set up my lpd system incorrrectly.
       I'll investigate the res and premissions idea and let you know the
       outcome of my efforts.

Keith