Re: [LUG] dns howto

On 8 Apr 2002, Alex Charrett wrote:

The main alternative to bind is djbdns which I've never used. I've never
known bind to be terribly resource hungry though.

No, neither bind nor djbdns will stress any kind of modern server.
The issues that lead me to use djbdns are security and complexity.

I know that Plymouth Uni's computing society's main DNS server is a P75
running bind and that copes quite happily.

bind dates from times when a P75 would have outperformed the most
advanced supercomputer anywhere in the world!

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>