From: "kevin bailey" <kev.bailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 23 March 2002 10:30
Subject: [LUG] plymouth project

hi there,

i am setting up open source based solutions for a friend's company - it
will have several branches and currently has no IT infrastructure at all.

the branches are in plymouth, torquay, exeter and possibly truro.

the idea is that this company would be set up as a 'showhouse' - and
other companies would see the system and be prepared to pay monthly fees
for the same.

i would like to hear from anyone would be interested in getting involved.

there are two specific areas i need help with.

accounts.
i have set up sql-ledger (www.sql-ledger.org) on a co-located server and
would like to find someone who could provide training to use the system.
   sql-ledger is a full accounts package which is web based and written
in perl.

a knowledge of perl would be helpful because sql-ledger is open source
and can be modified to suit the comapany's requirements.

servers.
each branch will have a server which will act as an application server
for thin client devices.  i have ordered a thinknic to try it out - but
would appreciate some help with building the servers.  i have arranged
some funding to build a test server.  any experience of ADSL would be

great.

anyone interested please get in touch,

kev

01752 268923 - kev.bailey@xxxxxxxxxxx