IRDA Re: [LUG] SMS text messaging to mobile phones

Adrian Midgley wrote:

I've got a Palm 3e which will swap business cards with my Nokia, and I've got
the Laptop to recognise the existence of another infrared transmitter out
there but not got networking going over it.

I've been meaning to sort out some IRDA stuff for ages, but
never got around to it.

The pen-test list did have some Linux IRDA software for crashing
Windows boxes, cruel but fun, seems one of the Linux IRDA
developers was debugging his code when the Windows box did the
dirty on him, Microsoft have done a patch, but I'm tempted when
taking the train to London to see how many have IRDA enabled,
but unpatched.