Re: [LUG] programming question

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, MATTHEW BROWNING wrote:

Good morning.

I wish to sort a file of binary data wherein the entries are
delimited by nothing.

Doesn`t sound like it should be too hard but I am rather stuck; can
anyone tell me what I should be reading?

The perl cookbook (the oreilly one, not the matt wright one which is
godawful and should be avoided at all costs).

perl pack and unpack are your friends. they allow you to muck about with
binary data without dirty your hands mucking about with malloc and sprintf
in C.

have a poke around perlmonks.org and perl.org or search cpan.org for a
module that does all the work for you.

anyways C or Perl are the tools you are after..

remember - perl is always the best tool for the job, every other language
is not DWIM compliant (Do What I Mean standard 2002).

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty";> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a