Re: [LUG] programming question

Good morning.

People who start mails like this want something difficult doing :)

``The purpose of polite behavior is never virtuous. Deceit,
surrender, and concealment: these are not virtues. The goal of the
mannerly is comfort, per se.''  -- June Jordan

I wish to sort a file of binary data wherein the entries are
delimited by nothing.

Here we go :)

Are they fixed width fields, or contexually dependant length?

Fixed width.

If they are binary, what would you like to sort them by?

Anything at all would be a step in the right direction.

Would it be easier to get the generating program to sort them?

Are you sure indexing wouldn't be easier, more appropriate or more
maintainable ?

Quite right, of course.  This is not my  problem, specifically, but
was referred to me by a friend.  It therefore stands as it is.

MB.