[LUG] wget

I am comming accross a wierdity using wget. I will typically type the
following...

$ wget -c ftp://ftp.someserver.net/path/to/file

at 1st all is ok, but then sometimes after stopping and re-starting the
file/server/wget gets an "unauthoritive" file size, usually smaller than
the current ammount of the file that i have. (eg 110MB file, i have 50 MB
it says 45 MB !!) wget then says that it will still continue to download
the file but the percentage meter reads 110%... 115% etc.etc..

Any deas what is goin' on ?

Neil Stone