[LUG] OSD: 27/4/2002 Publicity

Hi Everyone,

we've started contacting the press and other contacts to promote
the Open Source Day.

Linux User magazine have already got back to us!

The Free Software Foundation have even promised us some goodies,
although they do like people to say "Free Software" rather than
"Open Source" when they mean "Free Software", so our speakers
will have to be their toes. They are sending it surface mail, so
lets hope they get here in time ;)

Paul has done a nice poster layout, but I think the caption
"WHAT CAN OPEN SOURCE DO FOR YOU?" needs spicing up. So I'd like
alternative suggestions? Also pointers to copyleft Penguin
logos?

Maybe we can do a selection of captions, far more interesting
than seeing the same poster everywhere (Says Simon making more
work).

I was thinking "Why this GNU {logo} doesn't want you using Open
Source software?".
"Why you can pick up this Penguin {insert logo} for free?" (Or
will we be sued).
[Note for Paul I think we can shrink the address to make it all
fit, and/or lose the list of groups involved, we don't want to
give the impression it is Linux only, as it won't be].

Or will we be flood with animal lovers, and lose the intended
audience. Did that Guiness campaign with the dolphins sell any
Guiness?

       Simon

PS: Who said "In a world without walls, who needs Windows and
Gates"?
--
Free Software: What good is Open Source without Freedom?
Open Source Day 2002/04/27 Exeter University