Re: [LUG] Simian evolution on redhat 7.0?

On 04-Mar-2002 at 10:22:23 Pete Hatton wrote:
Simian evolution? You mean Ximian Evolution?

That's the one!! Can you tell it's Monday morning? :-)

I got it to work on my Redhat 6.2 Desktop install, but that involved
downloading the whole Ximian GNOME desktop.

Yup, and I'm running out of disk space as well!

But once it's running it has a look and feel to Outlook, only it is 10
times better.

Hmm, well it's not the look I want, but if it can talk to the Exchange
server then I may be able to keep on receiving mail, calendering, etc, etc
on my PC from the Exchange server. I can talk to it using imap, but it
looses functionality (e.g. trying to reply to meeting requests). At the
moment I have my standard linux PC, and a MS W2K one next to it simply
running Outlook, and the helpdesk software - neither of which will (would?)
work with linux too well. (The helpdesk stuff not at all.) I'd rather just
run it all on one machine.

John.