Re: [LUG] Fwd: ftp I can't login

hi there

i logged into www.psutton.uklinux.net

with no problems from the command line ftp client. obviously i couldn't login due to no password but it connected fine.

220-
220-In order to login to this server you must be dialled into the
220-UKLINUX NET access numbers or have upgraded your membership to standard
220-level or better
220-
220-See http://www.uklinux.net/membership/ for details on membership levels.
220-
220-Please also ensure that you use the URL of your website as the host name
220-you connect to in FTP so as to ensure that you reach the correct server
220-for your account.
220-
220-If you have any queries regarding this please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxx
220-
220-
220 FTP server ready.
Name (www.psutton.uklinux.net:kbailey):
--------------------------------------8<-----------------------------

in my experience the gnu ftp client is really good (gFTP),

kev

paul sutton wrote:

Hi I have sent this to uklinux tech support but decided to forward here also in case anyone else could help me.

I am trying to upload some files to my webspace,  I am using suse 7.3 and
igloo ftp clients

My settings are as follows

ftp host  - ftp://www.psutton.uklinux.net
username - psutton
password - mypassword (well my real password)
port 21

I get Can't resolve ftp://www.psutton.uklinux.net
Not connected
Login failed.