Re: [LUG] Usb HDD

On Sunday, February 17, 2002, at 06:09 PM, Bob Sarah wrote:

The output from 'dmesg' was similar to yours the main exceptions being -
Vendor: Wincan Model HARD DISK DRIVE rev 1.04
SCSI device sda: 6400 512-byte hdwr sectors (33MB)
fatfs: bogus cluster size
VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS file system on dev 08:00

Now *that* is odd. I wish I could help you here.

Is it me?

There's something not quite right with that drive. I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to what else to do unless you can back up the drive, create a fat32 partition and format it and then restore your data.

J.

-- Jon Still E-mail: jon@xxxxxxxxxxx System Administrator Web: http://www.tertial.org/ tertial.org Tel: +44 (0)7977 066087