Re: [LUG] TeX

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:01:09PM -0000, Chris Weeks wrote:
Does anyone have experience of using TeX or LaTeX on unix or Linux?
I have loaded all the recommended packages, but cannot get it to work for me.
I guess it's something wrong with the path search or where the files are located,
but I am entirely non-expert with linux.
Chris

Yes, I've got it to work. I had to move something into my working directory
and run something or other to create some kind of resource file. I can
try to figure out what I did if no one else knows straight off. I've used
the PDF-Latex package to create pdf files, which seems quite useful. Also
I found a book on Latex in Plymouth which was very useful (but there was
only one in the entire shop). Most of the information is there in the
info files and other docs, but sometimes it's nice to have an oldfashioned
paper book with lots of markers in it.

Keith