Re: [LUG] funded project, doctors need communication system

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 00:41, you wrote:
No laptops left in bars or taxis? :-)

Not many in use.

On a more serious note, I would give some thought to whether it will be
sufficient to access the system from your surgeries, or whether you need
mobile access (eg from home).  Or indeed if you might want both, but
with a more limited level of access when on the road?

Full access from home.

Also on the question of access and security, do you want just one level,
or would you benefit from multiple levels (e.g. doctors/nurses/practice
managers/secretaries having access to different areas)?

I'm thinking in terms of three concentric layers,
public (which the existing website does OK, I'm not sure we would add
discussions to the wholly public area in practice.

all GP principals

committee

With secretariat staff being privileged and doctors' own secretaries and
practice managers using their access - they will anyway.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/