Re: [LUG] Usb HDD

Try this:

http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x498.html

This appears to be generic info on USB drives but as the USB interface for such things is relatively standard, this should work. Also you might want to try running fdisk on the device for the disk itself (as opposed to a partition) to see what type filesystem it's formatted with.

As for USB booting - don't count on it. AFAIK *very* few motherboards support it. You may be better off with one of the mini-cd distributions (e.g. Linuxcare Bootable tools or the Bootable Business Card (lnx-bbc)).

Now, my question is: what kind of disk is it, what kind of physical size (dimensions) is it and where did you get it from and how much :) (OK, so it's not one question, so sue me) :)

J.