Re: [LUG] furthering the revolution: ECDL

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:16:43PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

What sort of front-ends offer levels of flexibility similar to
Access while retaining the power to work with the data in a variety of
ways?

I always preferred VB to Access for form building and the like.
Having used VB you realise that Access was just a meagre cut
down version, with wacky controls.

Linux lacks a GUI builder for Perl/TK, Tcl/Tk and gtk. That's what
makes VB so appealing, in my opinion.

I didn't rate Star Office's tool for this kind of stuff.

I hate it, but I may have said that before :)

Steve